House of Refuge is NOT an emergency shelter. If you are in need of immediate shelter please call the Family Housing Hub, 602-595-8700.
House of Refuge is a social service program, providing case management services, employment support and transitional housing.
To participate in our program, you must be working or able to gain employment within 45 days from move-in. House of Refuge is a work program.
Participants are required to sign a lease and pay monthly rent based on 30% of the adjusted gross household income.
To be eligible, you must meet the following:
- Be deemed homeless, at risk of homelessness or fleeing domestic violence
- Be 18 years old or older
- Have at least one dependent child or be in third trimester of pregnancy
- Have some form of verifiable income
- Be drug and alcohol free and able to pass a drug test (urine)
- Not have been charged with or committed any sex offense
- Be a current Arizona citizen
Eligibility does not guarantee acceptance into our program.
If you would like to find out if our program has availability, please complete our inquiry form.