House of Refuge does not offer emergency (immediate) shelter. If you are need of immediate shelter, please call the Family Housing Hub at 602-595-8700 for assistance.
House of Refuge is a transitional housing, work program with wrap around social services that offers case management services, along with educational and employment support.
Participants are required to sign a lease and agree to pay $350.00 per month (all utilities
To be eligible for our transitional housing program, you must meet the following:
- Be deemed homeless, at risk of homelessness or fleeing domestic violence
- One adult must be of legal age to sign a lease – 18 years old or older
- Currently reside in Arizona
- Have at least one dependent child or be in third trimester of pregnancy
- Have some form of verifiable income throughout the eligibility and application process and at time of move in.
o Examples include, but not limited to: paycheck stub, SSI, Child support,
o Cash jobs are not accepted.
- If verifiable income at move in does not include employment, you must agree and be able to gain employment within 45 days from move-in.
- Be drug and alcohol free and able to pass a drug test (urine)
- Not have been charged with or committed any sex offense
Eligibility does not guarantee acceptance into our program.