Call Us: 1 (480) 988-9242 - Mail:


Did you know?

Did you know that you can make a donation to House of Refuge and receive an Arizona Charitable Tax Credit (better than a deduction) on your 2016 Arizona Taxes? THIS IS A DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR CREDIT!

Thanks to Governor Ducey and our Arizona State Legislators, SB 1216 doubled the amounts allowed for charitable tax credits donated to House of Refuge.

By taking advantage of the Credit for Donations made to Qualifying Charitable Organizations, eligible taxpayers can now donate up to $400 per individual or $800 per married couple to House of Refuge. YOU can help change the life of a homeless family AND receive a CREDIT on your Arizona taxes in the full amount of your donation.

You Can Decide Where a Portion of Your AZ State Income Tax is Spent

The process is very easy:

  • Decide on the amount to donate to House of Refuge. Eligible taxpayers can donate up to $800 if married, filing jointly, or $400 if filing single as head of household.
  • Please note: You do not have to wait until the end of the year to donate towards this tax credit. Also, you do not have to give the entire amount at once…you can choose to break it into smaller donations throughout the year.
  • ONLINE: Click the “DONATE NOW” icon.
    • Complete your generous donation and click “SUBMIT.” you will receive an emailed receipt within minutes.
  • MAIL IN: Remit check to House of Refuge, 6935 Williams Field Road, Mesa, AZ, 85212 Please be sure to write “AZ Charitable Tax Credit” on the Memo Line.
  • Ensure House of Refuge has your name, mailing address or e-mail address, and telephone number to receive a written receipt of your gift for your tax records.
  • Remember, the Credit for Donations made to Qualifying Charitable Organizations is separate from other Arizona tax credits such as the School Tax Credit and the Qualifying Foster Care Charitable Organization Tax Credit. You may be eligible to donate to all within the same tax year.

For more information on the Credit for Donations made to Qualifying Charitable Organizations, please go to the Arizona Department of Revenue website, or obtain advice through your personal accountant.

Back to Top