It’s time to break out your kicks and coziest holiday gear because the Eastmark Jingle Jog is just around the corner.
We’ll meet at The Eastmark Great Park the morning of Saturday, Dec. 8 from 9 to 11 a.m. for the annual festive fun run and walk to benefit Mesa’s House of Refuge. Register today and save your spot at the event.
The Jingle Jog’s beneficiary, House of Refuge, located just west of the Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport, provides safe, stable housing to families experiencing homelessness. Their services help residents transition from homelessness to self-sufficiency by emphasizing values of employment and education, financial literacy, health and wellness, life skills, and permanent housing.
Fifty percent of House of Refuge residents are women in their 30s with two to three children and who have experienced domestic violence.
The holidays can be extra tough as families staying in one of the 88 homes on the 20-acre campus struggle to pay for daily essentials, let alone gifts or decorations. That’s where we invite you to jingle, jog, and help support this great cause. Here’s how:
- Buy a jingle bell and/or raffle ticket. All proceeds from the sale of jingle bells and raffle tickets
(win two tickets to the House of Refuge Gala on Mar. 2!) will help purchase a laptop so House of Refuge residents enrolled in qualified educational programs can complete their required school work.
- Donate gifts and goods. In 2017, 1,169 children called House of Refuge home, so we invite you to bring donations of diapers (newborn and size one are especially appreciated), baby wipes, snacks for children who will soon be on winter break from school, and holiday presents that children can give to their moms and dads (like restaurant gift cards, shaving kits, mugs, candles, etc.). You can drop off your donations ahead of time at The ‘Mark or bring them with you to the Jingle Jog.
Whether you prefer a casual stroll, a brisk walk, or a serious sweat, there will be a course for you at the Jingle Jog. A shorter course around The Great Park will be set up for the casual crew, and a longer 2-mile course will head out around the neighborhood for those want a bit more of workout.
Don’t forget to come decked out in jolly holiday gear (ugly sweaters welcome) and get ready for a morning full of festivities:
- Pre-jog warm up and stretches
- Family photo ops
- DJ spinning holiday tunes
- Post-jog treats, coffee and cocoa
Register using the link below if you plan to join us. We look forward to jingling and jogging with you on Dec. 8!
- Original blog credit Eastmark https://residents.eastmark.com/2018/11/join-us-at-our-second-annual-eastmark-cares-jingle-jog/