House of Refuge offers a pickup program for all donations. Items for pick up must be in working and good condition. If you would like donations picked up, please click here or the button above. We will contact you shortly to schedule a pickup.
**House of Refuge will not be scheduling pickups for the remainder of 2019. We will resume pickups on January 2nd.**
- Pick ups are available in the East Valley, Tuesday-Saturday 8:00am-2:00pm.
- For furniture donation please email a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that we can only accept furniture and household goods that are in good condition. We cannot accept items that are broken, ripped, torn or stained. Please clean furniture of all animal hair.
- We do not accept mattresses, carpeting and televisions at the Donation Center (via drop-off or pick-up).
- Drivers will not bring items up/down flights of stairs
- Drivers will not dissemble items, bag or box items
- Drivers will only pick-up items that are listed as we plan pick-up routes based on number of items being picked up. If you need to add items, please call in advance or reschedule donation pick-up
Our “Greatest Needs” list is updated regularly. It reflects food and household items that we are in urgent need of to fill the food boxes for our residents. We also will list items needed for our “Welcome Baskets,” items for our food bank, available to the general public, and all the other necessities our residents need that they can pick up at our Donation Center. Please shop our greatest needs list at www.myregistry.com. Items purchased through myregistry.com will ship directly to House of Refuge’s Donation Center.
ITEMS WE WILL GLADLY ACCEPT
- Gently used or new men’s, women’s & children’s clothing and shoes
- Gently used or new kitchen items including pots, pans, silverware and dishes
- Gently used or new household decorating items
- New bedsheets & bath towels
- Full-size toiletries for men & women including shampoo, conditioner, deodorant and lotion
- New, unopened laundry detergent & dryer sheets
- Non-expired boxed cereal & canned goods
- New, unopened cleaning supplies & individually wrapped kitchen sponges
We will gladly accept the donation of furniture however, furniture must be in good condition with no stains, fabric tears and free of pet hair. As storage space is limited, we ask that you email email@example.com with pictures of your furniture before you deliver it to our Donation Center.
Due to safety/sanitary reasons we are NOT able to take the following items:
- Broken Furniture
- Repackaged, homemade or expired food
- Remodeling Items (counter tops, cabinets, etc.)
- Mattresses/box springs
Is your place of work, worship or school interested in hosting a donation drive to support House of Refuge? We love working with groups throughout the East Valley and can offer ideas on how to make your donation drive a success! Email our Community Outreach Specialist to plan and coordinate your drive!
Feel free to download and use these pre-designed donation drive flyers to advertise your donation drive at your organization. Simply click on the images below to download a copy!